Monday, April 30, 2007

Working in business field

I decided to do my project on business because business is a large field, you can work everywhere with the knowledge you have. So, it is not like in another field, like law. Actually, to be a lawyer here it is not like being a lawyer in Peru or China, because law in this country are different, but working in the business field here or a field in another country is not so much different because the rules are very similar. So, during this interview I learned many things about the business field. First of all, with a diploma in business people can be a financial analyst, who is a person who helps companies to manage their finances. He helps companies make good investments for their money; or people can be a financial planner, who helps people to plan for their future, he helps them to save money, to invest, to plan for their children’s studies. All of these jobs are more of a white-collar job. So generally, after the bachelor, the range of salary is 50,000$-80,000$ per year. One of the advantages to work in this field is that companies usually pay well, however, many people like this field, so it is a competitive field. To work in this field you need to be an open-minded person, a person who gets along with people easily, also, it is important to have leadership skills. Like many jobs, working in this field can ask you to work about 45 hours per weeks. When you start to work, it is better to work for someone first, because you need to get experience and the best way is working with others, they will help you to solve problems and you will learn more by being with experienced people. So, working with international companies as profitable as work to local companies. To sum up for me, working in this field has many advantages, and with a diploma in this field you can do many kinds of jobs. I really liked to do this project because I will finish soon my study in college and I don’t know what I really want to do. My choice was between business and health science, and with this interview I realized that working in business can be very interesting, but I prefer health science.

No comments: